Homemade dog treats from your own oven will definitely show your dog that they are something special. These Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats aren’t just for fall – your dog will love them all year round. If you’ve always wondered how to make homemade dog treats, after a quick trip to the grocery store, you’ll find it’s quite easy!
PUMPKIN SPICE DOG TREATS
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Double-check to be certain you are using ingredients that don’t include artificial sweeteners – they can be toxic to pets.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together brown rice flour, oat flour and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Add water, pumpkin puree and peanut butter. Mix all ingredients with a spoon then knead with your hands, form a large ball.
3. Divide dough in half. Put dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll dough into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Cut into desired shape with a cookie cutter then place the cutouts an inch apart on a lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake approximately 20 – 30 minutes. Start checking in 20 minutes because the bake time will vary depending on the thickness of the treats. Treats should be dry and golden brown.
6. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Use dog-inspired cookie-cutters to make it clear these treats are special-made for your pup. They make a great gift for your dog-parenting friends as well!
Don’t have time to make treats for your pup?
Nancy Anne has you covered!! Her soft baked Oatmeal Pumpkin flavored dog treats are just like homemade. That’s because Nancy Anne started Pampered Pets by baking treats for her own furbaby Chauncey. Let her do all the work for you so you can enjoy more time with your beloved pet!