Homemade dog treats from your own oven will definitely show your dog that they are something special. These Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats aren’t just for fall – your dog will love them all year round. If you’ve always wondered how to make homemade dog treats, after a quick trip to the grocery store, you’ll find it’s quite easy!
PUMPKIN SPICE DOG TREATS
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Double-check to be certain you are using ingredients that don't include artificial sweeteners - they can be toxic to pets.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together brown rice flour, oat flour and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Add water, pumpkin puree and peanut butter. Mix all ingredients with a spoon then knead with your hands, form a large ball.
3. Divide dough in half. Put dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll dough into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Cut into desired shape with a cookie cutter then place the cutouts an inch apart on a lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake approximately 20 - 30 minutes. Start checking in 20 minutes because the bake time will vary depending on the thickness of the treats. Treats should be dry and golden brown.
6. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Use dog-inspired cookie-cutters to make it clear these treats are special-made for your pup. They make a great gift for your dog-parenting friends as well!